The Urban dictionary defines the word ‘Lituation’ as; “A lit situation. Something can be a ‘lituation’ if its lit, and it’s a situation” it is also defined as “A culmination of several lit things happening at once, or a moment of joyous, euphoric happiness”.
This Rotary year has seen Rotary-Lang’ata in a real lituation situation. The Rotary Club of Nairobi- Langata is not only Lit (fire!), but the October and November months literally saw RCL set ablaze with fires everywhere. Smoking!
As part of the Family of Rotary (FoR) initiative to keep each Rotary member accounted for and regularly checked up on, we have seen the birth of the following seven (7) lit crews.
These groups are made up of members who live in the same general region. They have truly lit the fire of the Rotary spirit of fellowship and fun. This has increased the bonding, networking and overall wellbeing of each Rotarian. Despite COVID19, we have found a way to stay connected
- Lituation crew; led by Rtn. Faith Gathungu; Hangout zone for RCL members who reside in Kilimani, Kileleshwa, Lavington, Valley Arcade, Yaya, Statehouse, Hurlingham
2.The Titans crew; led by PP Maina Gichohi; Hangout zone for RCL members who reside in Karen, Dagoretti, Ngong, Kikuyu, Kinoo.
- The Clique crew; led by Rtn. Michael Kingori; Hangout zone for RCL members who reside along Mbagathi Way & Ngong Rd; Highrise, Madaraka, Jamhuri, Adams, Ngumo, Upperhill, KNH.
- The Spice crew; led by Rtn. Sailepu Montet; Hangout zone for RCL members who reside along Waiyaki Way, Brookside, Grevellia, Riverside, Kangemi, Loresho, Westlands, Mountain View, Parklands, Lower Kabete (Peponi, Kitusuru, Wangige etc.)
- The Flight crew; led by Rtn. David Kariuki; Hangout zone for RCL members who reside along Mombasa & Jogoo Rd.; South B, South C, Imara Daima, Kitengela, Syokimau, Embakasi, Athi River, Buru Buru, Eastleigh, Umoja, Donholm, Pipeline, Pangani, Ngara, Komarock
6 The Elitist Crew; led by Rtn. June Rienye; Hangout zone for RCL members residing along Thika Rd; Muthiga, Ruaka, Kiambu, Runda, Juja, Ruiru, Thika
- The Pitstop Crew; led by Rtn. Josephat Waweru; Hangout zone for RCL members who reside in Langata/West along Langata Rd.
Apart from the regional groups, we have tailor made groups to suit every Rotarian’s hobby, pastime or preferred way of keeping fit. This helps has helped to maintaining our mental wellbeing and work life balance. This is essential during these trying times.
- The Hikers group
- Whisky Lovers
To cap it off, RCL was recognized at the Rotary Foundation dinner as the club that has the most givers in the district! Two (2) Major donors, Fourteen (14) Paul Harris Fellow! Indeed RCL is truly on FIRE!!!